1. Riverfront Walk
Arguably the best way to see Chicago, is to jump on Chicago First lady cruise. On this cruise you can get an overview of the city, its history and architecture, not to forget it is one of the best ways to take in the grandeur of Chicago skyline! Another budget friendlier option is to stroll along the water.
2. Cloud Gate/”The Bean”Come and take a photo of the fun “fish-eye view” reflection of the Chicago skyline! This stainless steel bean shape structure had become synonymous with the city of “Chicago”.
3. Grant Park
4. Chicago Cultural Center (highly recommended by my host!)A Free exhibition well worth your time, see: Tiffany glass-domes. The views of Michigan Ave. and Millenium Park across the street from the upper floors of the Center are interesting and educational.
5. Bridges in and around Millennium parkThis is a random find, but I'm lovin' this.
6. Michigan Avenue BridgeDon't forget to check out the view from the Michigan Avenue bridge--great photos opportunities!
7. 360 Chicago Observation Deck (The best, recommended by my host Jorie and Claire)Located right next to the Water Tower. If you loved Top of the Rock/ Empire state building in NYC, don’t miss what the Chicago skyline has to offer! Locals call this place the John Hancock observatory, and one great thing about it is: You can either buy a ticket for one visit, or for a morning plus night visit to see how the skyline changes!
8. Signature Room and Signature Lounge
9. Skydeck Chicago
|courtesy of skydeck|
10 Lincoln Park Zoo
11. Adler PlanetariumThis is a cool place to hang out if you like stars, even if you don’t, the view of Chicago skyline near the planetarium is a W-I-N-N-E-R! And if you happen to be there on a Saturday evening, stay a little longer to watch the fireworks show from Navvy Pier.
12. Shedd AquariumWith $8, you can easily spend all day exploring the aquarium. If your forehead spells “YOLO”, add on a shark feeding session (plan early). You can take an amazing photo of the skyline indoor or outdoor!
13. Navy Pier
14. Promontory Point
|image via wikipedia|
15. Lurie Garden of Millennium Park
16. Whole Foods Market
17. Other great spots(Restaurants and bars)Hyatt Regency Chicago, NoMI, Lake Point Tower Restaurant, Vertigo Sky Lounge, The Wit Rooftop, Trump Tower, IIT Tower
Thank You for Reading!
This post is based solely on my opinion or personal experience.
If you more suggestions , feel free to share your thoughts with me by commenting below!