Thursday, January 19, 2017

Food Affair: Golden Chicken @ G-Hotel Gurney this Chinese New Year!

Chinese New Year is just around the corner, are you still considering where to go for reunion dinner? Well, G-Hotel is here for the rescue! To be honest, I have never try on the Chinese New Year dinner in a hotel before as all these years my family & I always practise to have lunch or dinner at home during this special season. So, if you ask me where is the best restaurant or hotel to go for dinner during CNY eve, you're definitely looking for the wrong person. ๐Ÿ˜ž And this time, I am so grateful that I was given a chance to join the food review session organized by G-Hotel Gurney. And of course, this is also my very first time of food review. Once again, thank you so muchhh for having me! FYI, they are having CNY dinner not only at G-Hotel Gurney, but G-Hotel Kelawai as well. 
Toss, toss, toss... Toss for a better fortune for this rooster year.

Welcome to G-Hotel Gurney. 
P.S: Seriously saying, this is also the first time for me to visit the hotel since it was establisehed in the year of 2007.

The inner view of the hotel - the lobby. The furnishing is so elegant & cozy.
If you wish to stay a few days in this hotel, G-Hotel definitely gonna be a wise choice where they won the Luxury Lifestyle Awards Asia 2015.

When you're the first guest who reached for the event and here's the chance we have, to take the photo of the table setting.

By looking at this menu & it makes me drool!!! We're having the so called "Longevity Package".


1) Here comes the first dish! The New Year Fresh Salmon Yee Sang is served! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ During CNY, having Yee Sang is a MUST!!! You can never miss this main course from your menu!

 Salmon plays an important in this dish. Trust me, they really served fresh salmon & I can eat 'em all!!!

2) So, what's next? The Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Crab Meat & Dried Scallops.

Let's indulge in this bowl of shark’s fin soup. Look how tempting is it!


Let's cheers for a better year! P.S: I really love wine more than beer, but too bad I can't drink much. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

3) Ready for the Steamed Whole Chicken with Dried Oyster & Sea Moss in aluminum foil?

Instead of the having the "ordinary" chicken, they served "kampong" chicken. The chicken is so tender & you don't even have to bite on it. It just able to melt in your mouth.

4) I'm not a big fan of prawn. But this really taste like heaven! I now introduce you Fried Shell-less Prawn in Milky Curry Sauce. At the first sight, I thought it was cheese on it, but it's not. Definitely, there's a reason why tastes so great. First, the shell is first being removed & the prawn is then marinated  overnight before frying. Thanks to Chef Kang for the secret recipe sauce, the milky curry sauce just add marks on this dish! So, what are you waiting for? Let's dine!!! 

This has become one of my favourite dish now. Can I have more please?! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

 5) Look how pretty the platter is & it smells so good! Here comes the Braised Sea Cucumber & Sea Asparagus with Broccoli. This platter is known as the must have dish in the Chinese cuisine among all the Chinese festive season.

The braised sea cucumber imported from Indonesia & the sea asparagus from Chile are the main characters of the dish. So, how can you say no to this? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

6) ๅนดๅนดๆœ‰ไฝ™(้ฑผ) - Nian Nian You Yu in chinese means "may you always get more than you wish for". It also symbolize years of brimful happiness. So, chinese will never miss out fish as one of the course. Thanks g-hotel for the Steamed Cod Fish in Spicy Crispy Bean.

Take a closer look, isn't this looks tempting?! The flesh of fish is soft & smooth. It served the best when it's hot. The crispy bean on top of the steamed cod fish makes a perfect match. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

 7) Coming up next, the Fried Rice with Fresh Scallops & Prawn topped with Shredded Crispy Dhafa Fish.

 Well, at first, I thought the fried rice was something similar with  the lotus leaf fried rice that I used to have before in the wedding dinner. But nope, besides prawn, the additional fresh scallops come together with the shredded crispy Dhafa fish makes the fried rice so unique.  

8) I always getting excited when it comes to the end of any event or wedding dinner. As they said the best part always comes the last & I love desserts so muchieee! So, I'm quite picky on that as I only look for good desserts. And definitely, the last dish on the menu is the one I will look at first as I'm curious & excited on what are they going to serve. When I saw Double Boiled Sea Coconut with Fresh Ginseng, served with Sesame Sweet Potato Bun, I became totally disappointed as I don't like the taste & smell of ginseng, but it straight away give a big cross on my first thought when I have a first taste of it. 

I thought it will be bitter for this, but it totally change my opinion. One bite of the sesame sweet potato bun come together with a taste ginseng soup is just so yumm!!! And I can have another bowl of it. 

Hi bloggers, it's good to know you here. And once again, I would like to thank g-Hotel for organizing this event. It's really gald to know you & I'm looking forward for our next gathering. Thanks for having us, G-Hotel! Thumbs up for you! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out on below for more details about the package:
Yes, they are not just offering dinner for CNY but they also do have buffet for dinner as well. Take a closer look at the flyers below to get to know more. 

 Still have no idea where you should off for CNY dinner? Let's off for G-Hotel Golden Chicken Chinese New Year Dinner:
- Valid from 15 Jan until 15 Feb 2017
- They are offering 8-course Chinese set dinner inclusive of Yee Sang & free flow of Chinese Tea
- If you wish to have private space with your family during the dinner session, you are allowed to have a private function room but with minimum 30 persons (3 tables of 10 persons). 

They are offering 3 types of CNY dinner package: 
- The Happiness Package which is RM1388 nett
- The Prosperity Package which is RM1488 nett
- The Longevity Pacakage which is RM1588 nett 
P.S: The CNY dinner is available at both g-Hotel Gurney & g-Hotel Kelawai.

If you wish to have a buffest session instead of 8-course table set during CNY, well, this might suit your taste. Buffet session is applicable for both lunch & dinner:
Brunch session: From 12pm to 3pm
Dinner session: From 6.30pm to 10.30pm
 P.S: The CNY buffet is available at both G-Hotel Gurney & G-Hotel Kelawai.

Getting fed up on the long queue for restaurant during valentine's day or always worry about missing out the booking session during this special day? Don't worry, g-Hotel if offering valentine's day special for the love birds as well. Now, on the 14th Feb from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, you may try out their buffet session as well at:
Taste Cafe in G-Hotel Gurney or
Spoon in G-Hotel Kelawai
For more details, please refer the flyer above.

So, dear folks, what are you waiting for? Start to make your reservation now!
For more inquiries, please refer the contact as per below:

G-Hotel Gurney
Address: 168A Persiaran Gurney, 10250 Penang, Malaysia.
Contact: +604-238 0000
Email: g4u@ghotel.com.my
Website: www.ghotel.com.my

G-Hotel Kelawai:
Address: 2 Persiaran Maktab, 10250 Penang, Malaysia. 
Contact: +604-219 0000 
Email: g4u@ghotel.com.my
Website: www.ghotel.com.my


Love, 
Alvira

Thank You for Reading! This post is written by MHF contributor, Alvira Yeoh. "Miss Happy Feet" was a guest of G-hotel Gurney, however, all photos and opinion are of our own. 
Feel free to share your thoughts with us by commenting below!

No comments: