Wednesday, September 16, 2015

LA: What should I EAT?

Had a good run at Venice Beach, hiked up to the top of the Hollywood Sign, walked the walk of fame......  At the end of the day, as satisfactions was building up, I still felt that something went missing.... but, WHAT? And here it goes again, the most important question in the world: What to Eat?


image via yelp! courtesy of Celine L.

LA is a city sooo diverse, it is sprawling with unique food, not just typical ethnic food but FUSION. And oh you should try the staple LA food too... wait what about those colourful desserts? California donuts! You shouldn't miss that, and... the Kimchi fried rice down the street! ..and this!...and that! Well, you see, I just can't make up my mind!


1. Try some Fusion


Fusion food is iconic in LA. So many fusion food cafe/restaurant out there, so little time to try them all... Whether you are thinking korean, chinese, japanese or mexican, LA never fails to deliver.
Read more: Best Fusion in LA handpicked by yours sincerely.
**Disclaimer: I am an asian, I love asian food, and it shows on my list.  

2. The Staple

Just ask yourself, how would you complete this sentence: When I think Tokyo, I think Sushi/ When I think Seoul, I think Kimchi/ When I think LA, I think__________.


My answer: Dodger dogs (I am pretty sure the "looney tunes" has "nothing" to do with that! )
Read more: Classic LA food scene
Over to all the Angels in the City of Angels: what is the one and only LA staple in your mind?

3. Sweets

courtesy of @californiadonuts
How could you resist those colorful sweets calling out for your attention? HOW COULD YOU???
Read more: LA dessert hunting

4. Others

When the food scene in LA is bursting with Fusion, fusion and more fusion, some food just proved that they DO NOT have to be fusion to be a sensation! Here are my friend's recommendations:


Kimchi fried rice at Republique 
-One of the most instagrammed dish in LA, what do you think?
624 S La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036

image via pinterest

Mussels Curry at Jitlada Thai Restaurant 
-famous for "explosion of flavors" in your mouth, and then you find yourself coming back for more. 
5233 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, United States

courtesy of timeout.com



Thank You for Reading! 
This post is based solely on my personal experience. 
Feel free to share your suggestions with me by commenting below!

No comments: